Dropshipping is a popular online business model that allows you to sell products without having to stock or ship them yourself. You simply find a supplier who can dropship the products for you, and you list them on your online store. When a customer places an order, you forward it to the supplier, who then fulfills and ships the order directly to the customer. You only pay for the products you sell, and you keep the difference between your selling price and the supplier’s price as your profit.
Dropshipping can be a great way to make money online, as it has many benefits, such as:
- Low startup and operational costs: You don’t need to invest in inventory, warehousing, packaging, or shipping. You can start and run a dropshipping business with minimal expenses.
- High scalability: You can easily add or remove products from your store, and you don’t have to worry about managing inventory levels or fulfilling orders. You can also sell to customers worldwide, as your supplier handles the logistics.
- Flexibility: You can choose from a wide range of products and niches to sell, and you can customize your store and marketing strategies to suit your preferences and target audience. You can also run your business from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection and a laptop.
However, dropshipping is not a get-rich-quick scheme, and it requires hard work, dedication, and patience to succeed. You also need to follow some best practices and strategies to stand out from the competition and attract and retain customers. In this article, we will show you how to make money dropshipping and best money online, by following these steps:
- Choose a niche and products that you want to sell
- Find reliable suppliers who can dropship for you
- Create and launch your online store using a platform like Shopify
- Market your store and attract customers
- Optimize your store and increase conversions
- Provide excellent customer service and build loyalty
1. Choose a niche and products that you want to sell
The first step in making money dropshipping is choosing a niche and products that you want to sell. A niche is a specific segment of the market that has a common problem, need, or interest. For example, fitness, fashion, beauty, electronics, and pet supplies are some popular niches for dropshipping.
Choosing a niche and products that you want to sell is important, as it will help you:
- Define your target audience and understand their needs, preferences, and pain points
- Find and source products that match your niche and audience
- Create a unique value proposition and brand identity for your store
- Design and optimize your store and marketing campaigns for your niche and audience
- Reduce the competition and increase your profit margins
To choose a niche and products that you want to sell, you need to do some market research and validation. Here are some tips and tools to help you:
- Use Google Trends to find out what products and niches are trending and in demand. You can also use it to compare different niches and products, and see how they perform over time and across different regions.
- Use Shopify’s Trending Products page to discover the most popular products and categories on the platform. You can also use it to find product ideas, suppliers, and marketing tips for each product.
- Use AliExpress to browse and search for products and niches that you are interested in. You can also use it to check the product ratings, reviews, prices, and shipping options of different suppliers.
- Use social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and TikTok to find out what products and niches are popular and engaging among your target audience. You can also use them to find influencers, hashtags, and content ideas for your niche and products.
- Use keyword research tools like Google Keyword Planner, Ubersuggest, or Moz to find out what keywords and phrases your target audience is searching for online. You can also use them to find out the search volume, competition, and difficulty of each keyword, and to generate more keyword ideas for your niche and products.
When choosing a niche and products that you want to sell, you should also consider the following factors:
- Profitability: You should choose products that have a high profit margin, meaning the difference between your selling price and the supplier’s price is large enough to cover your expenses and generate a profit. You should also consider the shipping costs, taxes, fees, and other costs involved in dropshipping.
- Demand: You should choose products that have a high and consistent demand, meaning there are enough people who want to buy them and are willing to pay for them. You should also consider the seasonality, trends, and longevity of the products, and avoid products that are too fad or niche.
- Competition: You should choose products that have low to moderate competition, meaning there are not too many other sellers who are offering the same or similar products. You should also consider how you can differentiate yourself from the competition, by offering better quality, price, value, or service.
- Passion: You should choose products that you are passionate about, meaning you have a genuine interest and knowledge in the niche and products. This will help you create better content, marketing, and customer service for your store, and also keep you motivated and engaged in your business.
2. Find reliable suppliers who can dropship for you
The second step in making money dropshipping is finding reliable suppliers who can dropship the products for you. A supplier is a company or an individual who provides the products that you sell on your store. A dropshipper is a type of supplier who handles the fulfillment and shipping of the orders for you.
Finding reliable suppliers who can dropship for you is crucial, as they will affect the quality, availability, and delivery of the products, as well as the reputation and satisfaction of your customers. You want to find suppliers who can offer you:
- High-quality products that match the descriptions and images on your store
- Competitive prices that allow you to make a profit
- Fast and reliable shipping options that meet the expectations of your customers
- Good communication and customer service that can handle any issues or inquiries
- Flexible and transparent policies and terms that suit your needs and preferences
To find reliable suppliers who can dropship for you, you can use the following methods:
- Use online marketplaces and directories like AliExpress, Spocket, Oberlo, or SaleHoo to find and connect with thousands of suppliers who offer dropshipping services. You can also use them to browse and import products to your store, and to automate the order processing and tracking.
- Use Google to search for suppliers who offer dropshipping services for your niche and products. You can use keywords like “[niche] dropshipping suppliers”, “[product] dropshipping suppliers”, or “[niche] + dropshipper”. You can also use advanced search operators like “inurl:dropship” or “intitle:dropship” to narrow down your results.
- Use social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram to find and contact suppliers who offer dropshipping services for your niche and products. You can use hashtags, groups, pages, or profiles to find potential suppliers, and then send them a message or an email to inquire about their services.
- Use trade shows and events to find and network with suppliers who offer dropshipping services for your niche and products. You can attend online or offline trade shows and events that are relevant to your niche and products, and then visit the booths, websites, or social media accounts of the suppliers, and ask them about their services.
When finding reliable suppliers who can dropship for you, you should also do some research and validation. Here are some tips and tools to help you:
- Check the reviews and ratings of the suppliers on the platforms or websites where you find them. You can also use third-party tools like Trustpilot, Sitejabber, or Scamadviser to check the reputation and credibility of the suppliers.
- Order some samples of the products that you want to sell from the suppliers, and test them for quality, accuracy, and delivery. You can also use tools like ePacket or 17Track to track the shipping status and speed of the orders.
- Contact the suppliers and ask them some questions about their products, prices, shipping options, policies, and terms. You can also use tools like Skype, WhatsApp, or WeChat to communicate with the suppliers, and tools like Google Translate to overcome any language barriers.
- Compare different suppliers and choose the ones that offer the best value and service for your niche and products. You can also use tools like Google Sheets or Excel to create a spreadsheet and compare the suppliers based on different criteria.
3. Create and launch your online store using a platform like Shopify
The third step in making money dropshipping is creating and launching your online store using a platform like Shopify. An online store is a website where you list and sell your products to your customers. A platform like Shopify is a software that allows you to create and manage your online store without having to code or design anything yourself.
Creating and launching your online store using a platform like Shopify is easy, as it offers you many benefits, such as:
- User-friendly interface that guides you through the process of setting up and running your store
- Customizable themes and templates that let you design your store to match your brand and niche
- Powerful features and tools that help you add and edit products, manage orders and inventory, accept payments, and more
- App store that gives you access to thousands of apps and integrations
- extend your store’s functionality and performance
- Support and resources that help you troubleshoot any issues or questions that you may have
- Free trial and affordable plans that suit your budget and needs
To create and launch your online store using a platform like Shopify, you need to follow these steps:
- Sign up for a Shopify account and choose a plan that suits your needs. You can start with a 14-day free trial and then upgrade to a paid plan later.
- Choose a domain name and a store name that reflect your brand and niche. You can use Shopify’s domain name generator to find and buy a domain name, or you can use your own custom domain name if you already have one.
- Choose a theme and a template that match your brand and niche. You can use Shopify’s theme store to browse and select from hundreds of free and premium themes, or you can use a third-party theme or a custom theme if you prefer.
- Customize your store’s design and layout using Shopify’s theme editor. You can change the colors, fonts, images, logos, menus, banners, and more to suit your preferences and style.
- Add and edit your products using Shopify’s product editor. You can add product titles, descriptions, images, prices, variants, inventory, and more. You can also import products from your suppliers using apps like Oberlo or Spocket.
- Set up your payment methods and shipping options using Shopify’s settings. You can choose from various payment gateways and methods, such as Shopify Payments, PayPal, Stripe, credit cards, and more. You can also choose from various shipping options and rates, such as flat rate, weight-based, or calculated rates, and offer free or discounted shipping to your customers.
- Launch your store and start selling your products to your customers. You can use Shopify’s dashboard and analytics to monitor and manage your store’s performance, sales, traffic, and more.
4. Market your store and attract customers
The fourth step in making money dropshipping is marketing your store and attracting customers. Marketing is the process of promoting and selling your products to your target audience. Attracting customers is the process of generating and converting leads into buyers.
Marketing your store and attracting customers is essential, as it will help you:
- Increase your brand awareness and visibility among your potential customers
- Drive more traffic and visitors to your store
- Generate more sales and revenue for your business
- Build trust and loyalty with your customers
- Grow and scale your business
To market your store and attract customers, you need to use various strategies and channels, such as:
- Search engine optimization (SEO): SEO is the practice of improving your store’s ranking and visibility on search engines like Google or Bing. You can use SEO to optimize your store’s content, keywords, titles, tags, meta descriptions, and more, to match the search intent and queries of your target audience. You can also use SEO to build backlinks, which are links from other websites that point to your store, to increase your store’s authority and credibility.
- Content marketing: Content marketing is the practice of creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and engaging content to your target audience. You can use content marketing to educate, inform, entertain, or inspire your audience, and to showcase your products, brand, and value proposition. You can also use content marketing to generate leads, drive traffic, and increase conversions. Some examples of content marketing are blogs, videos, podcasts, ebooks, infographics, webinars, and more.
- Social media marketing: Social media marketing is the practice of using social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and TikTok to connect and communicate with your target audience. You can use social media marketing to share your content, products, stories, and offers, and to interact and engage with your audience. You can also use social media marketing to build your brand identity, reputation, and community, and to drive traffic and sales to your store.
- Email marketing: Email marketing is the practice of using email to communicate and market to your target audience. You can use email marketing to build and nurture your email list, which is a collection of email addresses of your potential and existing customers. You can also use email marketing to send newsletters, promotions, updates, reminders, and more, to your email subscribers, and to drive traffic and sales to your store.
- Influencer marketing: Influencer marketing is the practice of collaborating and partnering with influencers, who are individuals who have a large and loyal following on social media or other platforms. You can use influencer marketing to leverage the influence, reach, and trust of the influencers, and to expose your products, brand, and offers to their audience. You can also use influencer marketing to generate social proof, which is the phenomenon where people tend to follow the actions and opinions of others, especially those they trust or admire.
- Paid advertising: Paid advertising is the practice of paying for ads to promote and sell your products to your target audience. You can use paid advertising to reach a large and specific audience, and to drive traffic and sales to your store. Some examples of paid advertising are Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Pinterest Ads, YouTube Ads, and more.
When marketing your store and attracting customers, you should also consider the following factors:
- Goals: You should set clear and specific goals for your marketing campaigns, such as increasing traffic, sales, conversions, or retention. You should also use SMART criteria, which stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound, to define and track your goals.
- Budget: You should allocate and manage your budget for your marketing campaigns, and prioritize the strategies and channels that offer the best return on investment (ROI). You should also use tools like Google Analytics, Shopify Analytics, or Facebook Pixel to measure and analyze your marketing performance and ROI.
- Audience: You should know and understand your target audience, and segment them based on their demographics, psychographics, behaviors, and needs. You should also use tools like Google Trends, Facebook Audience Network, or Shopify’s Customer Insights to research and discover your audience’s interests, preferences, and pain points.
- Value proposition: You should craft and communicate your value proposition, which is the unique benefit or solution that you offer to your target audience. You should also use tools like Shopify’s Slogan Maker, Shopify’s Business Name Generator, or Canva to create and design your logo, slogan, and branding for your store.
5. Optimize your store and increase conversions
The fifth step in making money dropshipping is optimizing your store and increasing conversions. Optimization is the process of improving your store’s functionality, performance, and user experience. Conversion is the process of turning your store’s visitors into buyers.
Optimizing your store and increasing conversions is important, as it will help you:
- Enhance your store’s speed, security, and reliability
- Reduce your store’s bounce rate, which is the percentage of visitors who leave your store without taking any action
- Increase your store’s conversion rate, which is the percentage of visitors who complete a desired action, such as buying a product, signing up for an email list, or leaving a review
- Boost your store’s average order value, which is the average amount of money that each customer spends on your store
- Improve your store’s customer satisfaction and retention
To optimize your store and increase conversions, you need to use various tactics and tools, such as:
- Use a responsive and mobile-friendly design for your store, which means your store can adapt and adjust to different screen sizes and devices. You can use Shopify’s themes and templates, which are already responsive and mobile-friendly, or you can use tools like Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test or Shopify’s Mobile Converter to check and improve your store’s mobile-friendliness.
- Use clear and compelling product images and descriptions for your store, which means your images and descriptions can showcase your products’ features, benefits, and value, and can persuade your visitors to buy them. You can use tools like Shopify’s Image Resizer, Shopify’s Product Description Generator, or Grammarly to create and optimize your product images and descriptions.
- Use trust badges and social proof for your store, which means you can display symbols and testimonials that can increase your store’s credibility and trustworthiness, and can influence your visitors’ buying decisions. You can use tools like Shopify’s Trust Badge, Loox, or Fomo to add and display trust badges and social proof on your store.
- Use urgency and scarcity for your store, which means you can create and display offers and messages that can create a sense of urgency and scarcity, and can motivate your visitors to act fast and buy now. You can use tools like Shopify’s Countdown Timer, Shopify’s Stock Countdown, or Hurrify to add and display urgency and scarcity on your store.
- Use upselling and cross-selling for your store, which means you can offer and suggest products that are related, complementary, or superior to the products that your visitors are interested in or have bought, and can increase your store’s average order value and revenue. You can use tools like Shopify’s Product Upsell, Shopify’s Product Bundles, or Shopify’s Frequently Bought Together to add and display upselling and cross-selling on your store.
- Use exit-intent popups and email recovery for your store, which means you can capture and recover visitors who are about to leave your store without buying anything, and can offer them incentives or reminders to complete their purchase. You can use tools like Shopify’s Exit Intent Popup, Shopify’s Abandoned Cart Recovery, or Privy to add and display exit-intent popups and email recovery on your store.
6. Provide excellent customer service and build loyalty
The sixth and final step in making money dropshipping is providing excellent customer service and building loyalty. Customer service is the process of assisting and satisfying your customers before, during, and after their purchase. Loyalty is the process of retaining and rewarding your customers for their repeat purchases and referrals. Providing excellent customer service and building loyalty is important, as it will help you:
- Increase your customer satisfaction and retention
- Reduce your customer churn and acquisition costs
- Increase your customer lifetime value and revenue
- Generate positive word-of-mouth and referrals
- Create a loyal and engaged customer base
To provide excellent customer service and build loyalty, you need to use various tactics and tools, such as:
- Provide multiple and convenient contact options for your customers, such as email, phone, chat, or social media. You can use tools like Shopify’s Contact Form, Shopify’s Chat, or Zendesk to add and manage your contact options on your store.
- Respond to your customers’ inquiries, issues, or feedback promptly, politely, and professionally. You can use tools like Shopify’s Email Templates, Shopify’s Order Notifications, or Shopify’s Thank You Page to create and send personalized and automated messages to your customers.
- Resolve your customers’ problems and complaints effectively and efficiently. You can use tools like Shopify’s Refund Policy, Shopify’s Return Center, or Shopify’s Gift Cards to offer and process refunds, returns, exchanges, or compensations to your customers.
- Surprise and delight your customers with unexpected and extra value or service. You can use tools like Shopify’s Free Shipping Bar, Shopify’s Discount Code Generator, or Shopify’s Product Reviews to offer and display free shipping, discounts, coupons, or reviews to your customers.
- Reward your customers for their loyalty and referrals. You can use tools like Shopify’s Loyalty Program, Shopify’s Referral Program, or Smile.io to create and run loyalty and referral programs that can incentivize and reward your customers for their repeat purchases and referrals.
By following these six steps, you can make money dropshipping and best money online. Dropshipping is a profitable and scalable online business model that allows you to sell products without having to stock or ship them yourself. However, it also requires hard work, dedication, and patience to succeed. You need to choose a niche and products that you want to sell, find reliable suppliers who can dropship for you, create and launch your online store using a platform like Shopify, market your store and attract customers, optimize your store and increase conversions, and provide excellent customer service and build loyalty. If you do these steps well, you can enjoy the benefits of dropshipping, such as low startup and operational costs, high scalability, flexibility, and profitability. We hope this article has helped you learn how to make money dropshipping and best money online. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading and happy dropshipping!